Re: [oletrucks] Wiring Harness Experiences

To: "New Mexico Jim" <ADvent@thuntek.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Wiring Harness Experiences
From: "Jon Kunkel" <jonkunkel@home.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 14:31:05 -0500
Jim,

I work in telecommunication installation field, to ensure no wire becomes
chaffed we use a thick gray paper.  We cut the paper to fit the situation.
An easy method of doing this for your ignition switch is try to get some
1/16" gasket material (very similar to what we use to protect our wiring)
and cut a 3" to 4" letter H with the horizontal part of the H fat enouh to
cut a round circle to fit over your switch when it is mounted to the dash,
then on the ends of the vertial lines in the H, punch a hole in each end.
Mount your switch to secure the material, or you can slide it over, depends
on personal preference.  Fold each of the vertical parts towards the switch
and feed wire through and attach the wire to the switch.  There you have
protected wires from accidently letting out their smoke.
                                                                   ___
___
                                                                  I O I
I O I