[oletrucks] Front shackle

To: "OleTruck list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Front shackle
From: "Eric Johnson" <j.eric1@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 07:48:19 -0700
Hi Everyone, I have completely disassembled the front suspension and
steering on my suburban. On my other sub it has 8 springs and am pretty sure
is stock. On the one that I am working on has 6 springs
(5 original & 1 fatty). On the stock one it has a longer front shackle than
the one that I am working on (about an inch longer). I am having my springs
re-arched and bushed.
I was wondering what the difference in shackle length does to your ride, is
it related to spring arc or what. Thanks

Eric Johnson
Vista,Ca (San Diego)
48'Carryall w/56'GMC 270
49'Carryall w/Rust