Re: [oletrucks] IFS brand recommendation

To: "Whittaker Bill G Civ ASC/SMY" <Bill.Whittaker@wpafb.af.mil>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] IFS brand recommendation
From: "Jack Halton" <safesix@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 12:16:14 -0400
>Bolt on systems, no matter how well they are designed, are dangerous unless
permanently welded in position.

I beg to differ here. There is nothing inherently dangerous with bolt-in
suspension. Audi won LeMans after unbolting entire rear suspension/gearbox
unit and replacing.

My pacer IFS is bolted in, as it was on the original and many other
platforms. It has well over 50K hard miles with zero problems. Six aircraft
grade 3/8" bolts per side, I may get around to welding some day but I like
the bolt-in because I can disconnect bolts, brake lines and PS hoses, and
roll front end out if needed.

Nothing against the Mustang II "industry" but after all, their advertising
supports the rod magazines. There are other alternatives.

Jack Halton
51 GMC 1/2 ton
Winter Park FL