Re: [oletrucks] ifs or clip

To: "Whittaker Bill G Civ ASC/SMY" <Bill.Whittaker@wpafb.af.mil>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] ifs or clip
From: "BelAir Bob" <rogerz@planetwide.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 09:57:20 -0500
Bill,

Seeing that it was my question about IFS that started that last barrage of
opinions, I'll step up and share some of the heat with you.  I agree totaly,
clipping a frame is not the way to go.  The only reason I can see for people
opting for this route is the initial cost.  Clips and or donor cars can
usually be had cheap.  Something most people fail to calculate into the
total cost of clipping a frame is the man hours it take to get the clip
installed and then fabricate sheet metal mounts, radiator core support
mounts and bumper mounts.  Not to mention the cost of rebuilding the
suspension parts of the "new" clip.

It is my opinion that we as a hobby have progressed past the point of of
needing to make this potentially dangerous modification.

 Robert Rogers
57 Belair Sport Coupe restored to original
55 -5 3100 Wife's project
57 3100
and a few others