Re: [oletrucks] ifs or clip

To: "Ole Trucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] ifs or clip
From: "WR Teto" <monadnoc@crystal-mtn.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 13:12:48 -0400
Bill, I haven't put a word in yet on any of this discussion, though I've
enjoyed all the back and
forth.  I tend to agree, and even though a clip can usually be gotten pretty
cheaply, by the time
you end up buying new calipers, rotors, pads, brake lines, steering and
suspension bushings, shocks,
ball joints, where is the savings?  Plus the inordinate number of man-hours
involved in backyard
engineering, alignment, and fabrication.  All this was done years ago because
this was the only
alternative if one wanted IFS, but today there are more practical (and
certainly safer) solutions.
Do it if you must, but it's akin to re-inventing the wheel IMO.

Wally / Templeton, MA
'53 3100 rod project
'72 Chevy Malibu
'00 Suzuki Katana