Re: [oletrucks] Tranny for 235 in '46 2-ton

To: "OLETRUCK list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>, <NTemple46@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Tranny for 235 in '46 2-ton
From: "Boteler Family" <boteler@olg.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 13:34:10 -0400
Neil,  Are you sure all of your gears are "non-synchronized"  mine is only
that way in 1st (Granny) gear which I almost never use.  If you are going to
use your 2 ton as a "work" truck I would stay with a HD 4 or 5 speed
transmission.  Almost all transmissions have a 1:1 ratio (unless they have
OD) in high gear, so there won't be any change in your road speed.  Is that
why you want to change?  Also I think your emergency brake is mounted to the
rear of the transmission, it is on my '56 2-1/2 ton.  The 1/2 ton trucks
have rear brake emergency brake set-ups

Regards,
Mike Boteler
'56 8400 Wrecker