Re: [oletrucks] Disquised 235's

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Disquised 235's
From: "Deve Krehbiel" <dkrehbiel@kscable.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 18:55:34 -0500
I know the Harmonic Balancer for the 216 is interchangeable with the 235,
its just that I want to get opinions on the wisdom of using a smaller HB on
a larger engine. Didnt the designers use some kind of mathmatical formula to
determine the necessary centrifugal weight to counterbalance forces needed
for this particular engine? I am pretty sure someone didnt change the design
(from the 216) because of the retro look.

I am curious because I rebuilding a 1954 235 to sell to an AD owner. To do
the best job in disguising a 235 to look like a 216, one needs to not just
change the valve cover, but the HB, generator pulley and fan belt. Also the
shorter water pump so as not to have to relocate the radiator. Am I missing
anything?

Thanks as usual

Deve Krehbiel
Hesston, Kansas