Re: [oletrucks] 235 Head Removal

To: mm@service-quality.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 235 Head Removal
From: miq@teleport.com
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 17:28:14 -0700 (PDT)
Michael Mendonca says:

> I've come to realize the great humor that comes out of this list, but the
>title of this e-mail is to ask for assistance on removing an apparently stuck
>head.  Engine is out, and all bolts are off.  Engine is on a stand so access
>is very good, but I just can't break it loose...any suggestions?  Thanks,

(Finally getting caught up on my email, I decided to just jump to today's
since its very likely that other stuff I know is already answered)

Try using a length of hemp rope.  Feed it into the spark plug hole on
cylinder that is just shy of TDC, then manually rotate the crank so that it
forces up on the rope and thence the head.

--
__
Miq Millman   miq@teleport.com