[oletrucks] alkaline degreaser

To: Old Trucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] alkaline degreaser
From: Scott Hanna <shanna@itol.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2000 18:10:24 -0500
I just bought the same book and it just came today,
I haven't had a chance to get into it yet, but the mixture you are
talking about is using
dry measure of drano, since it comes in a crystal/powder form. The
second mixture
may possibly be using a liquid measure of lye. I am not sure about the
concentrations
that we are mixing up here,but be careful with this stuff.
Wear gloves and eye protection when using this stuff, It will do the job
you want ,but will also cause some pretty nasty burns on open /
unprotected tissue.