[oletrucks] Deluxe Trim Removal

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net, old-chevy-truck@egroups.com
Subject: [oletrucks] Deluxe Trim Removal
From: MKlepp4335@cs.com
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 20:13:51 EDT
   Soon my cab (on the frame) will go to the body shop for stripping,
straightening and painting.  I have removed all the exterior brightwork
except for the deluxe trip around the door windows.  The trim is good shape,
but could be buffed out to make it match what the rest of the truck will look
like when done.  The question is, how is this trim removed safely, without
bending it?  Do the felt lined window channels have to be removed first?  I
know someone has done this before, help!  Thanks as always.
   FYI, October 20-22 is the Chicasha OK swap meet.  I'll be there on Friday
the 20th, hopefully wearing the new tee shirt that the "Rock" is making for
us.  The fall meet is by far the best they put on.

Mike Klepp
'48 3100
Wichita Falls, TX
http://www.geocities.com/mike_klepp/septruckpage.html