Re: [oletrucks] New to the list

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] New to the list
From: Michael Keele <mkeele@uswest.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 12:48:46 -0600
At 09:49 AM 10/24/2000 -0500, Bill Broadway wrote:
>This is my first post. I'm in the process of restoring and customizing a
>1955 2nd Series Chevy short wheelbase stepside. The cab is almost in perfect
>condition from the windows down, the floor is perfect. The problem is right
>above the windshield. I see patch panels all over for floor parts, doors,
>cab corners .... just curious has anyone ever seen a repair panel for the
>section right above the windshield? If I can't find one, I'm just going to
>have to let a local shop build one.
>
>Also, I just ordered the powder coating system from Eastwood Co. I have a
>stove lined up for small parts, but I was looking at their Infrared heating
>system that you can do large parts and frames, $400 .. Ouch. Has anyone ever
>tried to build their own? I know you can buy the bulbs practically anywhere,
>such as Wal-mart. You could build your own stand out of pipe and I would
>think a cooking thermometer that goes up to 500 degrees would work ... all
>this probably could be had for under $50. Anyone ever try this? I figure I
>will and try to bake a piece, if it works great .. if not I can salvage the
>parts minus the bulb and not be out anything.
>
>Thanks,
>Bill

Bill,
Welcome to the list.  I, too am working on a 55 stepside.  Just beginning,
so I may not be much (if any help).
I was looking at that Eastman setup.  Looks like I waited long enough for
someone else to be the guinea pig for me.
Let me know how it works out, I'm very interested.  Really like the idea of
home made ultraviolet setup.

Good luck!
Michael Keele
'55 3100 2nd (DRUID)