RE: [oletrucks] New to the list

To: "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] New to the list
From: "Bill Broadway" <bcubed@vanhalen-irc.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 14:21:19 -0500
> Welcome to the list.  I, too am working on a 55 stepside.  Just
> beginning, so I may not be much (if any help).
> I was looking at that Eastman setup.  Looks like I waited long enough for
> someone else to be the guinea pig for me. Let me know how it works out,
I'm very
> interested.  Really like the idea of home made ultraviolet setup.

I have a friend who used the powder coating system on his '55 Chevy Car and
then his '32 Ford Street Rod .. it works great using an oven and pieces that
will fit in it. But what if you want to do say a transmission housing? You
get the Infrared kit, but like I said at $400 it aint cheap. I just shut my
homemade lamp off, with one bulb it only got up to 300 degrees, I'm hoping
that since it says you are supposed to cure the powder at 400 degrees for 15
mins, maybe at 300 degrees you could cure it longer, for say 20 mins. Also,
maybe 2 bulbs shined at the same area might bring the heat up ... I'm gonna
wait till my powder coating gun comes in and see, should be a couple weeks.

Thanks,
Bill