Re: [oletrucks] New to the list

To: "Bill Broadway" <bcubed@vanhalen-irc.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] New to the list
From: "David" <David@gardener.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 18:47:35 -0500
Bill,

I have the Eastwood powder coating kit.  I have used it for a couple of
years now.

I presently use an old oven I found in an alley.  It works great.

I have a project in process to convert an old steel lined refrigerator to
use as an oven.  I have all the elements and controls from an oven I found.
This size will do headers, blocks, etc.  I might do a rear end.  I forget
the exact height.

The problem with the heat lamps is you have to keep the metal at 400 F for
15 minutes.  This is AFTER the metal reaches 400 F.

I have searched the web for a source to reduce the cost of the heat lamps.
I have found none so far.

I am extremely pleased with the finished product.

As a torture test I did the following from a 1 ton Chevy flat bed. that is
abused all the time.

Component            Color                  Comment (Almost 2 years later)
Front suspension    Chevy Orange     Looks great
Wheels                  Bright White        Looks great
Lug Nuts               Chevy Orange      Looks poor - been removed too many
times
Ring Around Rim   Black                    Looks great
Springs                  Dark Ford Blue     Looks great
A-Arms                 Black                    Looks great

Overall I am extremely pleased.

I am moving this week to NJ.  Will have to reset up operations and continue
completing my many projects.

David
1954 3100 5 Window