Re: [oletrucks] 55 1st Rear End

To: "Deve Krehbiel" <dkrehbiel@kscable.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 55 1st Rear End
From: "Jack Halton" <safesix@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 20:22:25 -0400
The '55 1st series rear end had a 3.90 ratio, with 4.11 as an option. It's
easy to check - just pull the cover, count the teeth on the ring gear, and
divide by the number of teeth on the pinion gear. Tire size does effect
final gearing but broadly speaking, either 3.90 or 4.11 is a good ratio for
a .70 overdrive.

Jack Halton
51 GMC 1/2 ton
Winter Park FL