Re: [oletrucks] Dual master cylinder

To: "tcape" <tcape@weblnk.net>, "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Dual master cylinder
From: "G. Simmons" <gls@4link.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 21:40:07 -0700
>Seeing all the discussion about dual master cylinders has me thinking this
is something I need.  The PO (for some reason) took out the emergency brake
in my '47.....and I'd like to have some kind of backup plan for stopping the
truck in an emergency.  I particularly like the DMC from Pickups Northwest.

Tom, I put in the dual m/c from pickups northwest.  I had a garage do it,
not because it was difficult to mount, but because I was real busy with work
at the time and didn't want to mess around with the brake lines.  You have
to do a bit of re-routing in the front to get it to work.  At the time it
was cheaper for me to have the garage do it.

I can tell you from experience that the e brake is almost useless to stop
the truck when the brakes go.  What does work is down shifting.  It is just
hard to remember to downshift when you are wondering why your brake pedal is
dead on the floor as you rapidly approach the back of a semi.

Regards,

Grant S.