Re: [oletrucks] Dual master cylinder

To: "Allen Jones" <jonesal@u.washington.edu>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Dual master cylinder
From: "G. Simmons" <gls@4link.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 11:18:48 -0700
>I tend to disagree with the "e" brake comment being almost useless.  I have
stock brakes on the back (huck) and my "p" brake (isn't it supposed to be a
parking brake, not an emergency brake?) will lock up the back brakes at any
speed.  Proper adjustment of the linkage with the rear brakes in good
condition should provide satisfactory performance.

I can't really argue with Allen's comments, as my e brake was not well
adjusted when the main brakes gave way.  I do, however, think the mfgrs
stopped calling them e brakes and started calling them p brakes in
recognition of their fundamental unsuitability to substitute in an
emergency.  If they work, great--use them  _and_ downshift too.  If they
don't work, then we (I'm still on the wrong side of this one) should take
Allen's advice and get them to work.

Regards,

Grant S.