[oletrucks] Installing valve cover gasket

To: "oletrucks list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Installing valve cover gasket
From: "Charles Culver" <sculver@iwl.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 14:00:33 -0600
This sounds like a dumb question, but I need to know.  I had to pull my
valve cover off because the blue silicone gasket material that I had
originally used just didn't work.  Now I have a thick cork gasket to replace
it with, but I don't know if it's necessary to use anything like Permatex or
a light coat of the silicone, or can I just tighten it down without
anything?

Thanks!

Smokey Culver, League City, Texas
'50 3600 5-window (mine)