Re: [oletrucks] Installing valve cover gasket

To: "oletrucks@autox.team.net" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Installing valve cover gasket
From: Gordon Groves <ggroves100@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 20:13:33 -0700
Who makes a neoprene valve gasket for a 235 ? and do they also have a
side cover gasket ?
Do you have a part number ? I just ever so carefully re did my gaskets
with new cork (felpro) and even used some super blue RTV and the damn
oil just leaked THROUGH the cork itself ! I was /am a little chapped as
I spent a lot more time getting every surface super clean and tapping on
my valve cover to get it straight .

Anybody have any experience with the cast aluminum covers ( wayne ) ? do
they seal better ?

Gordon Groves
'51 Chevy 1/2 ton
'53 Chevy 1/2 ton (o.k. it's my brothers but Im driving it ! )