[oletrucks] clutch pedal scrape

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] clutch pedal scrape
From: "Jim House" <hollisbsa@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2000 20:49:11 EST
Over the past 3 months - and the more I drive my truck every time I push the
clutch pedal down I get a loud screech.  It drives my kids nuts.  I think it
kind of cool.  However I think that I am slowly wearing away the cover
plate.  I have placed oil on the under side of the pedal and along the rail
and it will cut the noise for a week or so.  I would like to fix this
however I have no idea on how to make this stop.  If I push the pedal to the
right is will clear for the next 2 or 3 times I use the clutch then it is
back in place.  I have looked under the floorboard and see that there is a
cotter pin and a big washer holding the pedal in place.  I am guessing that
I could wedge a few more washers in and it could re-align the pedal.  Is
this the correct way to correct this problem?  Is there a rebuild bushing
kit or something?

HELP....

Jim House
Hollis, NH