Re: [oletrucks] clutch pedal scrape

To: Jim House <hollisbsa@hotmail.com>, Pastorjon994@cs.com,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] clutch pedal scrape
From: Barry Heigher <bheigher@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 19:02:38 -0800 (PST)
As we speak, I have just removed the clutch and brake
pedals.  There is a keeper on the end of the pivot
shaft. Once it is pried off (same plane as the end of
the shaft) the clutch and brake pedals slide right
off.  One caveat, my cab is off of the frame -- I
don't know how this will work with the cab in place.
There are bushing in each of the clutch and brake
pedal rotating ends.  On mine, it appears that the
shaft is the worn portion.  A machinist buddy of mine
said it is an easy fix for a shop to do.

Now I have a question for one of the pros, how do I
get that pivot shaft out?  I have removed the outer
nut but the shaft won't budge.  Is it pressed through
the frame?

http://experts.yahoo.com/