Re: [oletrucks] New Wiring Harness

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] New Wiring Harness
From: SnappyDog1@aol.com
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 21:31:51 EST
Here's a suggestion, xerox the wiring diagram out of the shop manual (if you
don't have a diagram, let me know and I'll scan you one), get some colored
markers, and trace out each of the wires in the color it is in the harness
you've got.  While your at it, write the numbers that are stickered to the
wires beside the corresponding wires on the diagram.  This serves two very
useful functions; it gives you a diagram that's easier to read while you have
your hands full of wires, and forces you to figure out what each wire in the
harness is and where it goes BEFORE you start crawling around in tight
places.  A little prep work at the kitchen table and you will know where
every wire goes, will figure out the easiest order to in which place them,
and it WILL be a simple afternoon job.  Stick your color coded diagram in the
glovebox and it will make that enevitable rainy night side of the road repair
5 years from now a WHOLE lot easier.

Barrett Revis
Sparks, NV

'53 3105