[oletrucks] Kit question

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Kit question
From: "CHARLES A. CLARK" <CHARLES_A._CLARK@HUD.GOV>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 09:13:39 -0500
I responded to a question on what extra is required for a disk brake kit for an
AD.  I do not see it any where in the archives so I will assume it was not
received, so here goes again.

I ordered the complete kit because it was not that much more than getting all
the parts rebuilt from local parts house.  When it comes to brakes I do not like
to get them from salvage yard.  Anyway, I found that I had to grind down one of
the ears that protect the brake line because it was hitting the top rear adapter
mounting bolt which would not permit the caliper to meet the top mounting hole.
On the drivers side I also had to grind down the ear because of the power
steering yoke that bolts to the top of the spindle. I was put in touch with the
manufacture ( Classic engineering, I believe) who really did not seem to be
aware of the problem and they recommended reversing the bolt so the nut would be
on the outside of the spindle.  That did not work so they said that I could
grind the ear.

Did anyone else have this problem.  I put it on my 49 panel (1/2 ton)