Re: [oletrucks] Turn signal kit

To: <Pastorjon994@cs.com>, "oletrucks list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Turn signal kit
From: "joe" <chevy1@jps.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 08:00:37 -0800
Jon,

Thanks for the excellent description of what's in the toggle operated signal
kit.

I have to tell you that signal kit sound to be basically just like one of
the old style 3-wire signal switch only in toggle form but with the warning
buzzer added.  If it gives no mention to the brake light circuit then I
guess you can just tie into the stop/signal wires in the taillights "since
you already have the double filament sockets" and the brighter filament wire
in the front sockets.    I have to tell you that I'm a little puzzled as to
how the rear light will be interrupted to signal if the brake is applied and
the signal is on because your feeding brake light current through the wire
and a pulsing signal current from the flasher but I don't think that will
interrupt the steady brake current.

I could be wrong but I think your going to still need a separate tell light
for the stop lights.

Who knows maybe theirs an inline diode in the circuit that cuts out the
brake light signal to that rear light when the toggle is activated for that
side?

Are you sure this unit is stated to use 1 taillight for the stop/signal and
parking light function.

Joe Garcia
Yuba City, CA
1950 Chevrolet 3100