Re: [oletrucks] Turn signal kit

To: "Charles Culver" <sculver@iwl.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Turn signal kit
From: "G. Simmons" <gls@4link.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 20:20:43 -0800
On the subject of turn signals,  I have recently been reading up on big
improvements being made in LED trchnology.  A lot of the tail lights you see
on modern cars are actually LEDs.  The red and green colors can be made
especially bright now.  Pretty soon we should see regular white lightbulbs
with LED elements at reasonable prices.

Here's a site in which a guy tells how to pick the right resistor for your
LED. http://www.leisureideas.com/ledlight.htm   I'm making up some white low
volt LED garden lights using the same ideas.  It is really easy.  You just
plug the voltage and current info on the LED package into the formula and it
tells you the resistor you need.  Then you just solder the connections and
hook up the power.  Radio Shack now has a white LED twice as bright as the
one used in the article, pn 276 320

Regards,

Grant S