[oletrucks] Turn signal kit

To: old-chevy-truck@egroups.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Turn signal kit
From: Pastorjon994@cs.com
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2000 18:16:06 EST
Dear Gang:

    I purchased a turnsignal kit from Jim Carter's.  The directions are
absolutely lousy.  Words are missing, all in upper case letters, hard to
read, pointing to #'s on wires that aren't numbered, etc.

    The previous owner had put on new rear lights.  I have dbl filament bulbs
in rear and also in front now.  I have the afore mentioned toggle switch kit.
 Do any of you have any ideas on how to wire this.  My brake lights work.  Do
I just tie in to my brake light lines and run to the switch or will that
cause my lights to flash when I put on the brakes.  If any of you have used
this kit or have another idea.  I sure could use your help.

Jon Callahan
'50 3100
Champaign/Urbana, IL