[oletrucks] Door hinge repair on '58 -solution

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Door hinge repair on '58 -solution
From: varanus@phoenix.net
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2000 17:15:18 -0600
On 25 Nov 2000, at 17:52, Bill Bailey wrote:

Hi: I had this same problem with my 57 chev suburban. I found
what I think was an excellent quality patch panel from Chevy Duty.
It is a complete hinge pocket face and it is like factory when
installed.
I believe it is called simply a hinge repair panel. If you don't have
their catalogs, get them and they are in there with the other patch
panels with a diagram.
As well, you might want to look at your door hinge mounting block
(the threaded block behind the hinge install panel on your door
bottom). Mine was kindof tweaked from the door not closing
properly for so many years and required a fix as did a few of the
door spot welds. I don't know what others have done for this
problem but my door was too nice to replace and I was glad to find
this part.
Chevy Duty had a repair piece for this too and it really worked
nicely. We cut a hole into the door, repaired the piece and re
welded the spots and the cut out panel and she shuts like a dream
now.  Plus we rebuilt the hinges at this time.
Good luck.
Eric Pesci