RE: [oletrucks] Telling a '55 from a '56

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Telling a '55 from a '56
From: Wayne Osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 00:48:30 -0500
regarding the difference between a 55 2cd and 56 GMC, the difference
between the two are very small. The best way to tell is that the 552nds had
the chrome trim between the turn signal and the bumper and the 56s did not
You can go to http://www.chevytruck.org and they have photos showing the
differences on the chevy's which are the hood emblems and emblem placement
on the fender, the 552cd hood emblem is longer on top than bottom, the 56
are longer on bottom than top. The 552cd fender emblem is below the line in
the fender and the 56 are mounted above this line.

   wayne

At 09:41 PM 11/26/00 -0600, Bill Broadway wrote:
>> Roger, you mentioned the "hood emblem change" and the "fender emblem
>> placement" on the '55 and '56 Chevy trucks.  What were the specific
>> differences?  I've never been able to tell the '55 and '56 trucks
>> apart and would like to be able to tell which is which.
>
>I dunno about emblem changes, but it was my understanding that the '55 had
>white parking lights and '56 had yellow. Or the other way round.
>
>Bill

Wayne Osborne
1956 Chevy Pickup
LaGrange Ga.