[oletrucks] Thanks and my new Apache

To: "'oletrucks@autox.team.net'" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Thanks and my new Apache
From: "Haas, J. de" <Haas@WT.TNO.NL>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 12:29:51 +0100
Hi Guys,

Thanks to those of you that helped me out on the shift pattern on a 58 Apache
with three speed on the column. I drove the truck home the other week (about 60
miles over the freeway) wich was somewhat of an adventure but it ran quite well
all the way. I bought this truck through the internet from the US so it was
somewhat of a surprise when I went to pick it from the shipping company.
Although lots fo stuff is broken or not working properly I am very glad with
what I have got. Except for some small patches of surface rust it is rust free.
Therefore it will be easy to restore. It has some dents around the left
headlight, this could do with a patch panel, however, I haven't seen any for a
58 in the catalogs. Are there any available as far as you guys know ?

First thing I will do is get the car in proper shape to pass technical
inspection to obtain a title over here in Holland, and after that, restore it in
parts.

I probably will be on the list more often now (not only as a lurker) hoping to
find some advise. There is a picture of the truck on http:\\fullspeed.to\apache
Can't call it a homepage yet but who knows, one day.

Speak to you soon

Joeri de Haas