[oletrucks] rearend size (dont laugh!!!) and "easy 5 bolt"

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] rearend size (dont laugh!!!) and "easy 5 bolt"
From: "Terry Bancesco" <drducttape@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 04:39:22
Hi All!!!

Another couple of quick questions for the experts:

I have access to a rearend (5 bolt) that I want, but here's the catch, The
distance between the centerbolts on my 57 GMC is 42", and the other rear is
44".

Is there any "easy" way to wedge the desired rearend into the pickup, or is
this an entirely lost cause?

Any reccomendations for 5 bolt rearends that will just bolt up?
(Years/models)

ALSO:

What's the easiest way to convert 6 bolt front hubs to 5 bolt?

I'm into the boneyard picks, 'cause I dont got tha bucks!!!

Any time/money saving tips you experts out there have will be greatly
appreciated!!!

Thanks!!!

P.S.   Thanks for all the bodywork, and paint tips on my last post, I have
not got the truck painted yet, but it's in the works!!!

Dr.Ducttape