RE: [oletrucks] rearend size (dont laugh!!!) and "easy 5 bolt"

To: "Hanlon, Bill" <Bill.Hanlon@COMPAQ.com>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] rearend size (dont laugh!!!) and "easy 5 bolt"
From: Wayne Osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 14:27:04 -0500
Here is an snip from a message from Jim Forbes regarding the bearings..

On the front brakes, you just need the 53-54 car hubs and drums...but
there's an oil slinger in there, between the inner bearing and the brake
backing plate, that is the wrong size, so remove it completely if you
can't find the correct one from a car to use.  You need the car bearings
for this setup (at least the inner one).       wayne

At 08:30 AM 11/30/00 -0600, Hanlon, Bill wrote:
>The easiest conversion of the front axle to 5 bolt is
>to use hubs and drums from 53/54 Chevy car.  I don't
>remember if you use the bearings from the truck or the
>car (or if they are the same).  I'm sure someone else
>on the list has done this.

Wayne Osborne
1956 Chevy Pickup
LaGrange Ga.