Re: [oletrucks] Parts needed

To: dkrehbiel@kscable.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Parts needed
From: Passnb4U@aol.com
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2000 18:03:17 EST
In a message dated 12/2/00 11:59:40 AM Pacific Standard Time,
dkrehbiel@kscable.com writes:

> I am finding all sorts of 'anomalies' under the hood of this 50 3100. The
>  Rochester carb that is atop of this 261 has a hole in the upper body of it.
>  Is there any reason any of you can think of that someone would up and
decide
>  to drill a hole in the upper body (exposing the fuel bowl to additional
>  air)? Does anyone have an extra Roch upper body they are willing to send
me?

>  I am also wondering what to do about another thing... there is an oil line
>  going from the lower drivers side (where the oil gauge and oil connections
>  are) to the passenger side engine head. I can only assume they werent
>  getting oil to the rocker arms so they ran a line all the way around the
>  engine. Its stupid #)(%@ like this that makes you go hmmmmmmmm. So, anyone
>  have any suggestions on what to do to fix it right? Why is there even a
>  fitting on the head that is accessible to the outside? I thot the 261 would
>  have an internal line to oil the rockers. Someone set me straight.
>
>  More later I am sure! Thanks everyone!
>
>  Deve Krehbiel

  Hmmn,

Not sure about what the hole is for, but I have a few 1bbl carbs with holes
in them as well....

  About the oil line...this was also installed on the 235's from dealers as
well, to get more oil up top...could have been done on 216's also...never
heard it being done to the 261's though...could be the previous owner just
figured everything needed to swap over with an engine change?

Mike