[oletrucks] Parts needed

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Parts needed
From: "Deve Krehbiel" <dkrehbiel@kscable.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2000 13:53:54 -0600
I am finding all sorts of 'anomalies' under the hood of this 50 3100. The
Rochester carb that is atop of this 261 has a hole in the upper body of it.
Is there any reason any of you can think of that someone would up and decide
to drill a hole in the upper body (exposing the fuel bowl to additional
air)? Does anyone have an extra Roch upper body they are willing to send me?

I am also wondering what to do about another thing... there is an oil line
going from the lower drivers side (where the oil gauge and oil connections
are) to the passenger side engine head. I can only assume they werent
getting oil to the rocker arms so they ran a line all the way around the
engine. Its stupid #)(%@ like this that makes you go hmmmmmmmm. So, anyone
have any suggestions on what to do to fix it right? Why is there even a
fitting on the head that is accessible to the outside? I thot the 261 would
have an internal line to oil the rockers. Someone set me straight.

More later I am sure! Thanks everyone!

Deve Krehbiel
Hesston, Kansas
1950 3100 * 1949 3600 * 1948 4400 * 50 3100
www.speedprint.com/Deves50/index.html