Re: [oletrucks] Fuel Pumps

To: jhouse@ccsolution.com, flfox1@juno.com, dkrehbiel@kscable.com,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Fuel Pumps
From: Passnb4U@aol.com
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 11:48:55 EST
In a message dated 12/4/00 7:40:47 AM Pacific Standard Time,
jhouse@ccsolution.com writes:

> Last week I posted problems with my 46 fuel pump (and I did the same as
>  John - described below) and was told by Bob ADler that I should get a new
>  fuel pump.  In looking I found a rebuild kit at the Filling Station for
>  18.50.  I am STOCK only, so the best I can find a new pump is for 39.00
from
>  Carter's.
>
>  My question, is it worth taking a risk and seeing if using the rebuild kit
>  will fix the problem or save some time and problems and spend the extra
>  20.00 bucks?
>
>  Thanks,
>  Jim House
>  Hollis, NH

  I'm assuming the rebuilt pump is fully rebuilt?  I/e the lever is good, as
is the bushing?  If so, compare it with yours...if all ya need is a diaphram,
then just do that.

  I was going to rebuild mine, but in akin to the above questions I asked, my
lever had a major flat spot on it, and was loose as a goose, so i opted for
the Kragen 19.99 lifetime guarantee one...doens't look original, but works
fine.

  Mike