[oletrucks] Moving a gas tank/Fuel Pump

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Moving a gas tank/Fuel Pump
From: NTemple46@aol.com
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 20:55:31 EST
I would like to move the gas tank out from under my seat in my 46  2-ton.
The only place to put it is between the rails at the back of the frame over
the rear end since I have a two speed brownie and PTO box right behind the
cab.  Two questions.  Do I need to get a stronger fuel pump to help get the
gas up to the engine?  It is probably about 12-14' from where the tank will
sit to the current fuel pump location.  (I will be installing a rebuilt 235
this winter).

Also, what should I do for a new gas tank on a very tight budget?  The shape
might require a custom fabrication due to clearances for the dump mechanisms,
fill neck, etc.  Any recommendations on places to get estimates, or should I
have a local metal fabricator weld one up.  Thanks in advance.

Neil Temple
46- 2-ton dump
Arroyo Grande, CA