RE: [oletrucks] Moving a gas tank/Fuel Pump

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Moving a gas tank/Fuel Pump
From: Hargreaves James P IHCO <HargreavesJP@concord.navy.mil>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 07:31:10 -0800
A lot of late model vans have fuel tanks mounted where you want to put
yours.  How about a wrecking yard?  As much as I hate to admit it, I think a
D*dg* Maxi-van (3/4 ton or bigger) might be the best option.  Good/bad news
is that the tanks are a plastic material.  They don't rust, but they also
can't be altered (unless you use a heat gun and a large bucket of luck.)

The fuel pump might do OK as they tend to have excess pumping capacity.  If
not, put an electric inline, back near the fuel tank.

James P. Hargreaves
925.246.2657, DSN 350-2657
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you
nothing. It was here first."