Re: [oletrucks] '46 rear bumper

To: "Lewis Osborn" <losborn@teleport.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] '46 rear bumper
From: "Michael Lubitz" <mlrba@texas.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 22:56:34 -0600
Lewis,

Thanks much.  These pair of brackets do make sense to me now.  However, the
bracket that mounts to the bumper itself is not like the curved one shown in
Whitney Haist's photo,
http://photomail.photoworks.com/sharing/roll.asp?Key=9127948977270905, but
is flattened and when both of these are mounted the spacing is over 42"
while the spacing between the frame members is only about 36".

Any ideas?  I guess that it is possible that the brackets from Bowtie Bits
are incorrect.  And thanks for your help.  Thanks to all you guys for your
help!

By the way, that's pretty incredible to have a one owner truck.

Michael Lubitz
1946 Chevy 3/4 ton stock
1948 Chevrolet 3100, soon to be deluxe
Austin, Texas