Fw: [oletrucks] '46 rear bumper

To: "Lewis Osborn" <losborn@teleport.com>, "W&D" <haist@jps.net>,
Subject: Fw: [oletrucks] '46 rear bumper
From: "Michael Lubitz" <mlrba@texas.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 19:48:11 -0600
Guys,

I learned something new today.  My '46 3/4 ton pick up is an unusual beast -
the first true 3/4 ton Chevy made that has 8 lugs in the rear, different
brake shoes in the front, and, by the way most importantly, a different
frame.  My frame is 36" wide and this width is unique.  Jeff from Bowtie
Bits said that the 3/4's were mostly flat beds and so that a rear bumper is
rare.

So that is why the brackets did not fit - they were for a different frame
width.  I did learn from you guys how to mount the frame extensions.  But
does anyone know if there is such a thing as a '46 3/4 ton bracket?  I guess
I could take a 48" piece of flat stock that matches and make the transition
that way.  Any thoughts?

Again, thanks in advance.

Michael Lubitz
1946 Chevy 3/4 ton stock