Re: [oletrucks] Shifter help

To: "Andy Johns" <andy51chevy@mindspring.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Shifter help
From: "joe" <chevy1@jps.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2000 15:54:06 -0800
I usually just run the Back-up/ Neutral Safety switch that's on the donor
column when it's a column shift.  If I'm staying with the original column
and running an automatic with floor shifter, I usually order up a
back-up/neutral safety switch from Ron Francis wire works which bolts to the
transmission pan bolts and has a lever going to the shifter detent shaft.

You can bypass the neutral safety by running the wire from the start
position on the key switch to the starter but it's nice insurance to have so
your truck doesn't lurch forward and smack someone's vehicle in the parking
lot which could be VERY EXPENSIVE!!!

Joe