Re: [oletrucks] Stud Removal on Manifold or Anywhere

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Stud Removal on Manifold or Anywhere
From: "joe" <chevy1@jps.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 17:08:05 -0800
Just a quick note on stud removal.  I'm sure a lot of you already know this
trick but I'll list it anyway.  Instead of using vise grips which could
damage the threads, I just thread on two nuts on the stud, place two box end
wrenches on each nut and hold the second nut still while turning the first
"inner nut" wrench.  The outer nut just kind of adds resistance to help
loosen the stud.  This will usually break the stud loose.  It never hurts to
apply some WD-40 or other penetrant to help loosen the threads before hand.

Hope this can help someone in the future.

Joe