[oletrucks] Motor Mounts

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Motor Mounts
From: NTemple46@aol.com
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 00:11:09 EST
I apologize if this is repetitive but I can't remember if I got the answer I
was after or not.  I am putting a rebuilt 235 in my 46.  The 216 that I
pulled has the front mounts in the center bolted up through the cross member.
 My 235 has two side mount arrangements.  It seems that they will line up
about an inch or two behind the stock crossmember and original mounting
locations.  I would like to avoid drilling out the bottom plate (I'm not sure
what the technical name for it is) on my newer engine (it does not have the
holes) as well as pulling the harmonic balancer to drop the bolts down
through.  So my question....Are the V8 conversion motor mounts that I see
advertised in Carter's , Chev's of 40's, and others for the 41-46 years going
to give me the correct mounting locations for these side mounts on the 235,
or is that an entirely different setup?  If not, could I simply fabricate two
bolt or weld on brackets from the side frame rails over to the required
location, and install with a rubber cushion?

Progress Update...  I am finally back at it.  I got the entire frame primed
and painted last weekend after a complete sandblasting.  Looks good.  I am
anticipating this weekends work already as I start putting things back
together one piece at a time.

Thanks in advance.

Neil Temple
46 2-ton