[oletrucks] side boards

To: "Oletrucks \(E-mail\)" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] side boards
From: "Jim House" <jhouse@ccsolution.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 08:00:49 -0500
After seeing Gary's truck and the side board question, I went out to my
truck (46 Chevy 1/2 ton)and look to see what it may take to make my own.

Well I have a few questions:
Is there a location that I can download plans?  I stuck a piece of wood in
the pocket hole and discovered that there is no stop on the bottom of the
front pockets.  So if I would place a wood stake in this it would fall onto
the running board.  Is this correct?  Should there be some kind of stop at
the bottom of the pocket?  Should the boards that go into the pocket fit
very tight or have some slop (1/4 inch) for easy installing?  The boards
that go across (behind the cab) should be detachable for easy install,
removal and storage - is that correct?

As you can tell I am at the early planning stages for this project - all
input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim House
Hollis, NH (with only a foot of snow on the ground)