RE: [oletrucks] side boards

To: "'bob_keeland@usgs.gov'" <bob_keeland@usgs.gov>, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] side boards
From: "Hanlon, Bill" <Bill.Hanlon@COMPAQ.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 08:41:22 -0600
Mercedes come standard with claw holes
in the seats.  Maybe the cat was just
trying to improve the Sportster.

-----Original Message-----
From: bob_keeland@usgs.gov [mailto:bob_keeland@usgs.gov]
Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2001 8:02 AM
To: oletrucks@autox.team.net

Of course another way to incorporate stops would be to either make the
vertical posts a bit too wide for the holes and then trim them down for the
length that will go into the pocket holes, or you could attach  stops on
the side of the vertical posts so that the posts can only go into the hole
as far as you want.  If you add some type of rubber or such on the bottom
of the stops they should not damage the paint too much.  Always more than
one way to skin a cat (especially after they claw holes in the seat of your
sportster . . .).

BobK
51 3600 5-window (project)
98 RAM (hers)
99 Sportster (with holes in the seat)
Arnaudville, LA

                    MKlepp4335@cs.com

                    Sent by:                    To:     tcape@weblnk.net,
jhouse@ccsolution.com,
                    owner-oletrucks@auto        oletrucks@autox.team.net

                    x.team.net                  cc:

                                                Subject:     Re: [oletrucks]
side boards

                    01/09/01 08:13 PM

                    Please respond to

                    MKlepp4335

tcape@weblnk.net
writes:

<< Each pocket hole is supposed to have a "stop" about 4-5 inches down in
the
hole.  Looks like someone has removed these on your truck.  >>

The repo bed sides I am now finishing with new bed wood have no stops in
them
either.  I suppose an alternative would be to drill a small hole through
the
bed from the inside and use a single wood screw into the upright pieces.  I

don't think I can drill a hole in that newly painted virgin metal.  I guess

I'll wait a few years.

Mike Klepp
'48 3100
Wichita Falls, TX