RE: [oletrucks] Sandblast Cabinet

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Sandblast Cabinet
From: Terry Stellman <STELLMAN@noex.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 08:09:33 -0600
I've never had a blast cabinet so I don't know how the glass is installed,
but I think the same principle could be applied to it as with what I do with
my blasting helmet shield to protect the lens.  I have one of those big
"hoods" but I don't use it here in south Texas for obvious heat reasons.  I
use my welding helmet that has the 4" square lens in the front.  I remove
the dark glass (of course) and I place the Plexiglas lens inside of a fold
lock sandwich bag and then place it in the helmet.  When the plastic bag
starts to frost up I just remove it and put another one over the lens.  This
way I always have fairly clear vision of what I'm doing and it is better
than replacing lenses all the time.  Back to my original point, I guess you
could put Saran Wrap over the glass in the cabinet holding it in place with
masking tape or something and this would protect the lens from frosting up.
Just a thought.

Terry Stellman
1949 3600
Missouri City, Texas