Re: [oletrucks] hahah sexyfun snow white e-mail

To: dhckdkcsk@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] hahah sexyfun snow white e-mail
From: Miq Millman <miq@hevanet.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 08:08:44 -0800 (PST)
Durwood B. Darbin says:

> That turd  in the subject line is still sending the snow white message with
> an attachment that has a virus.  Don't open the attachment.  How many other
> list members are on this clown's list?  How do we shake the varmint other
> than activate the block sender thingy?

First, oletrucks is a closed list.  Unless you are a member of the list
(get messages sent to your email) you can not send.  I assure you
hahaha@sexyfun.net is not a memeber.

Second, oletrucks blocks all messages which have an attachment or are in
M*ME or H*ML format.  The attached exe file would have been expunged, if in
some strange but impossible way hahaha could have sent it through.

Third, if you do some checking, you will find that the virus is actually a
worm which on initial infection, sends itself to every address in your
mailbox, this translates to anyone you current have a message from or have
sent a message to in your archives as well as address book.

In short, if you get the hahaha message, that means that someone you sent
mail to in the past or on this list or another list you are a member of,
has a message from you saved on their computer.  The list was not the means
of propigation of the worm, someone took the bait.

I don't know what else there is that I can do to keep oletrucks clean, but
I think that you will all agree, the methods I have put in logically seem
to be able to do what needs to be done to block the bad stuff.

--
__
Miq Millman   miq@bigfoot.com