[oletrucks] Windshield Wiper Humor!!!

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Windshield Wiper Humor!!!
From: cmbcmorris@webtv.net (Curtis Morris)
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 20:43:01 -0600 (CST)
    Well I got my windshield wipers upgraded from a worn out vacuum
system to a wonderful 2 speed electric system from New Port Engineering.
It was actually a very simple process, and much easier than anticipated.
All I had to do was catch my Brother on a day he was bored and needed
something to do, and Boom they're in!!  However, heres the GOOD part.
After I got them in, I couldn't get the stock knob to work on the shaft.
So I decided I would use a little country boy ingenuity and make
something work!!  After working for a couple hours I thought I finally
had it made.  I was pushing my new invention onto the shaft, (rather
forcefully I should add) when suddenly, POW!! the entire switch exploded
into pieces!! I just sat in my truck for about 30 minutes staring at my
NEW exploded switch, and contemplating which piece I could forcefully
insert into my juglar vein!!!  Sometimes I'm just a plain idiot!!
Anyway, I managed to rebuild the switch (and actually make it work). I
put it back in, and now I have a very nice STOCK dash, with the
exception of a very modern appearing windshield wiper knob!!!!  Aren't
these old trucks fun????  See ya!  Curt Morris 55 2nd series pickup