[oletrucks] original TF optional pcv setup

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] original TF optional pcv setup
From: MarkNoakes@aol.com
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 10:45:48 EST
Does anyone on the list have one of the optional pcv systems on their trucks
or the parts so that I could get pictures and possibly dimensional drawings
of all of the original parts and the assembled system?

I have the Assembly manual that shows the parts in outline dwg's but am
looking for more than that.

The trucks went in thru the side of the air cleaner. . .at least on the
version I have seen.  I could duplicate that or use the Corvette system from
the same era which went to an add-on carb base plate with a port in it.

I'm assuming that I won't find the truck parts since they are so rare and
will have to fab approximate reproductions.  I already have an early vette
oil filler tube with the correct port on it.

This is for my 350 in the Chevy Sub which is to be retro'd to look like the
original 283 as much as possible. . .I would prefer not to install pcv ports
in the original Chevrolet script valve covers.  Since there is no draft vent
tube, I need to go to pcv one way or another.

When it's done, I'll post pictures.

Mark Noakes
Knoxville, TN
58/56 Chevy Suburban