[oletrucks] Greetings!

To: Ole Trucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Greetings!
From: Wayne <wgt@telus.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 07:49:02 -0800
Hi everyone.  Thought I'd drop by, for a bit of info on a truck
fix.  My truck is a '55 1st Series.  Not original as various
little items have been "adjusted" to make the vehicle more
everyday-driver friendly.
But it looks good and drives well  ..albeit not gas-friendly!

My question is this:  The darned signal indicator light on the
dash stays on perpetually.  Interestingly, it does flash 'off and
on' only when signalling.  The unit itself is a hefty aftermarket
(non solid-state) device mounted to the steering column.  The make
is a "da"(?) and has 7 wires coming from it.  I have plugged in a
new 6 volt flasher unit but the indicator light still stays on.
Any ideas on a fix?
I have thought about installing something that would reverse the
condition  ..along the lines of a diode but am not sure how to go
about this.

Thanks,
Wayne