[oletrucks] Going in the shop, finally

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Going in the shop, finally
From: "Bill Broadway" <bcubed@vanhalen-irc.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 09:07:45 -0500
There's a shop here that does nothing but antique vehicles. They were my
second choice to do the body work on my truck (the first was a guy that did
it out of his home shop but did great work). I went by yesterday and they
said I can bring my cab in anytime. Got the dollie done and it now has 4
swivel casters on it, so it should be real easy to move around. I took some
pictures of the before areas, I'll take some after to do some comparisons.

I'm going to have them do the area above my windshield that's eaten out and
replace it with pieces from another cab and the back window
http://www.vanhalen-irc.com/bill/truck/newpics/driverupperwindshield.jpg
http://www.vanhalen-irc.com/bill/truck/newpics/backwindow.jpg

The cab corners
http://www.vanhalen-irc.com/bill/truck/newpics/leftcabcorner.jpg
http://www.vanhalen-irc.com/bill/truck/newpics/rightcabcorner.jpg

I bought one of the dash pieces to smooth it out, and will be eliminating
everything but the glove box and instrument panel
http://www.vanhalen-irc.com/bill/truck/newpics/dashboard.jpg

I have one bad hinge area to be replaced and a few places on the steps
http://www.vanhalen-irc.com/bill/truck/newpics/lowerhinge.jpg

Get them to fill in the gasdoor
http://www.vanhalen-irc.com/bill/truck/newpics/gasdoor.jpg

Hopefully when it gets back it will look like a totally different truck.

Bill