RE: [oletrucks] Going in the shop, finally

To: "Boteler Family" <boteler@olg.com>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Going in the shop, finally
From: "Bill Broadway" <bcubed@vanhalen-irc.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 08:57:26 -0500
> Hey Bill, have you considered buying a better cab?  I bought a Midwest '57
> cab to put on my wrecker that only needs about 2" at the rear corners and
> the steps replaced because they are very dented.  I don't have to do any
> High work around the windows and I only paid $500.00 (Truck
> Carlisle 1999).

Of course, and I've checked out about a half dozen of them and they all had
problems. I've already bought the repair panels so they aren't included in
the $1500. Anyways, I'm going to have some of the fixes involve some custom
work, so in the end it should all work out ok.

I think in the end I'll break about even if I took the time to find a good
cab, had it shipped here and had it sandblasted. Plus like I said, I'm doing
some custom stuff, like shaving the drip edge, the gas door, and smoothing
out some of the factory seams. Stuff I'd have to do to any cab I bought.

Thanks,
Bill