[oletrucks] 3/4 & 1-Ton 3.90 Rear End from Houser's.

To: "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 3/4 & 1-Ton 3.90 Rear End from Houser's.
From: "K.P." <oletwuk@fastrus.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 22:59:43 -0400
Hi all,

  Larry Moore, one of our NAPCO Owners Group guys purchased two of the 3:90
ring and pinion sets for his TF 3/4 ton NAPCO from Art Houser's.  His latest
report is that there was slight grinding required inside the housings for
clearance, but the overall install worked pretty much as advertised.

  Quality, Fit, Finish and Engineering appear to be excellent, though I
would expect that, as these are pricey at just under $500.00 per set.  Larry
currently has no miles to speak of on the truck.  The install was part of a
significant rebuild, and we're waiting for a follow up "on-the-road" report.

  We also have not been able to determine who actually manufactures these
sets.  Yvonne at Art Houser's just won't say, and there are no manufacturers
markings on the gear sets themselves to indicate "whodunit'.

  Houser's does have 'em and they fit the GM Corporate housings for sure.
We'll see how they work.

Yours,
Kevin P.
'59 Apache 38/NAPCO